Monday, October 02, 2006

cold weather warm memories... most of em anyway

Good morning, good afternoon and good evening, which ever one you are. the time difference is so fucked here i really dont know anymore. its 2 am local time Bristol and i cant fall asleep even though my eyes are bloodshot. i feel tired but i just wont go to sleep. and it cant be jetlag because i've been here for 2 weeks plus and the week before i was sleeping fine. shit. and as per the title, its fucking cold right now. and its going to get colder withing the coming weeks. right, i know its much colder up north and bla blickety blah but come on, when you're used to the weather never being below 27 celcius and suddenly you wake up everyday with the tempreture being about 9 - 10 celcius, its a big fucking climate change. but i suppose i'll will have to get used to it. Its not like i can do much about being homesick. the weather, the friends, the food and most importantly, the family. Hermes included. Here, besides from having a shaky malaysian connection with the other malaysians and of course a couple of nice white and black folks here and there, its...lonely. No, i have not had a bang/shag/fuck yet. its hardly the top of my priorities right now. I just want to get through my studies, get through everything without a hitch, get every little administrative and bureaucratic bullshit out of the way. I just want to go home.

I remeber a time when, back home, 2 am was considered "still early". DotA, pj nasi lemak, drinking nights or just plaine talking cock. God, i really miss all that. I know that all of them, they would willingly watch my back and though we might disagree about shit sometimes and fight, like how all families do, i would willingly stand with them. always. Here, who's watching my back? who will stand with me? im just a foreigner.

sorry for being melancholic. cold weather does that to you. and since my liver is so fucked i cant drink. so smoking it is, regardless of the slight wheezing. i think i'll quit. but then what is to keep me warm? memories, thats what. bittersweet memories. on a lighter note, i made the american football team. Offensive lines man. GO BULLETS! and a darker note, i fucked my ankle. its not broken but i cant put much weight on it either. just gotta walk it off i guess.

anyway, thanks for listening to a homesick student's rant. its fucking cold right now so i am going to get under the blanket with 2 shirts and sweater and socks on. and yes, obviously im wearing my jeans to sleeps. sadly another body(preferably female of course, me no bhatty bhoy) is all thats missing. good night Bristol, good morning Malaysia. sodding off.

1 comment:

Tupps said...

Hey Jools, I miss you already.
Take care of that ankle and yeah, quit them cigarettes.

I shall see you in due time, lets just hope that its not as late as I'd expect because in a strictly and decidedly heterosexual way, I miss the way you make me laugh, and all the intelligent bollocks you spew ever so conveniently.

oh yeth, i miss you biatch...