Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Something that rhymes with Hiatus

Ok, so the last post was really bad. Wooden, monotonous, uninspired, Justin Bieber-like. No wait, that would mean that a lot of tweeners read this blog, and they are most certainly not my target audience. If you're 13-16 and reading this, GO AWAY. Go do your homework or destroy music or go hate on people not of your own race and/or sexual orientation. On a bus or tram if you like.

Back onto the tangent topic of half assed blogging (at least to my delusion of a high standard of blogging. Yeah. I know. I have a lot of spelling and grammar mistakes. And I know its sad to re-read my old blog posts.) I don't think I can make any excuses. In retrospect, I'm just not that bothered to blog, or indeed, blog well. Ju-Rants is no longer an outlet for me to express my frustrations and disappointments in life. I smoke and drink and shoot the shit with friends for that. Oh, and 9gag.

Come to think of it, I'm not really that frustrated and/or disappointed anymore. Nay, I feel that I am better able to cope with said frustrations/ disappointments better without having to resort to laying blame on everyone else but myself, or on myself in a hopelessly vicious cycle of self pity on display for all to see on the blog. Can't live like that really. Hence the redundancy of this blog and therefore the lack of entries since my annual Valentines Day rant.

Oh, life hasn't been rosy since that post. I resigned from a shitty job with a shitty pay and shittier work environment. Was unemployed for 7 months due to a lack of foresight of securing another job before resigning. And now here we are again. Employed with a better pay and somewhat better work environment. No, you may not know what I do because work is work and ranting is ranting.

What about the 7 months of "being in between jobs" you may ask. Absofuckinglutely nothing. Slept all day and watched movies and tv shows all night. Repeat endless cycle of pure boredom and intermittent episodes of Seth MacFarlane's animation lineup, Big Bang Theory, Breaking Bad, oh and the total lack of self esteem from the lack of employment. Some or all of you have been through that/will go through that so no need to regale you with tales of how I found it oh-so-bleak boo hoo whiny bitching about life etc etc. Or perhaps you're all big fans of schadenfreude. Well, no dice for you this time.

So you see, life is somewhat better. It does get better. If not, what's the fucking point right? I may or may not blog on here from time to time. As you've seen, I can take a really long sabatical from the blogsphere. Maybe if something interesting comes up or there is a blog worthy flash of epiphany. But Ju-Rants, what about your take on politics and all that smart people stuff (condescend much?) ? Well, you can go read about it yourself. Or watch PhillyD on youtube (sxephil). Why listen to one (somewhat angry and bias and not really that smart if you think about it) man's views? Get your own views.

Funny stuff. Funny stuff.. Heck I don't know eh. My materials are mostly one liners, situational, referential and throwaways. And did I forget to mention esoteric? And I don't meticulously write down a funny joke on my jokepad (gasps.. i actually typed that) and then later blog about it. Plus 9gag seems to "steal" my jokes before i can properly distribute it to the proper channels (friends and random hot girls).

On another note, Thank you Brazil. You've given us Aryton Senna, great football, Brazilian JuJitsu, great MMA fighters, Brazilian BBQ, the film City of God, the thong and hot women to ogle at. Keep up the good work. Obrigado.

You see what a struggle it is to blog anymore? I just dont have it in me anymore. Granted, this was written in a more timely manner than that last piece of shit post. But it still missing that pizazz from which I've come to expect from myself when blogging. Maybe I'm just a better blogger when I'm angry/drunk. Meh.

This year will mark the first year that less than 10 blog posts have been made by me. Do I get my cake and/or medal now?

No comments: