Saturday, May 26, 2007

Thankful

18 days and counting. 18 fucking days left. thats 18 days to ship the shit back, clean the room like a motherfucker, claim the damage deposit, visit friends in Cardiff and generally see Bristol for the last time. Hopefully. Nothing against Bristol personally. Its a nice place to be at. Not too remote nor too distracting. Its not too bad by any account. But the only reason i would ever have to come back here would be for convocation in the hopeful event that i pass. or maybe i meet the girl of my dreams and she's Bristolian. Or I get a job here which pays exceptionally well. Fine, make that reasonS.

Anyway yes, back to Malaysia. Back to the sun, the heat, the food, the availability of food whatever the time, the family, the friends, the dog, and the general love of all the people(and the dog of course) that i get from them. Not that i dont feel any love here. i do. from different people on different degrees. Joyce for one. Really, without her here life would be so much more... i want to say miserable but i know that isint the suitable word... monotonous and joyless. She cooks for me and puts up with my whining and random annoying shit(most of the time anyway.. i do admit i do go to far sometimes and yes Joyce, you are welcome to tell me to shut the fuck up...every now and then). She was almost like sister to me here( yes chi.. you were almost replaced). A very big thank you and a hug Joyce, for generally being there for me. Further love(platonic) to Shah, Shafiq, Kev, Izalia and Cai Mei. I know im not the closes of friends with all of you but you have made my time here in Bristol bearable and i dare say enjoyable. Special thanks to Shafiq for taking me to Stamford Bridge. Twice! COME ON YOU BLUES! Shah, hahaha, good times, funny insults and general concern. Thanks. Kev, the same, Give it! Izalia, well, you were in London most of the time as well but thank you for..erm.. putting up with my general sillyness. Cai Mei, thank you for the pizzas!, among other things. Then there's Grace and Dee, two very special ladies to me though i dont often say or show it. Thanks for all the dinners and advice given and taken in stride. the advice not the dinners. I'll definately treat you two to dinner here or back in Malaysia since its been established that im cant be arsed to cook. Also platonic love to Chris and Ming Yang. Always calling me to come along to do stuff and have interesting smoking sessions. Thanks guys. And to Thiba, you're a really sweet girl, a slow eater yes, but a sweet girl nonetheless. Same applies to flat mate Milee.. Thank you so much for letting me watch TV and snacking on your food. And also to the Italian trip room mates, Karen, Marcus and Sern Wei, thanks for bringing me along the trip and also MUCH THANKS for all the dinners. I know i dont say much and i dont act out much but i do appreciate all thats been done for me. And remember someday that what goes around comes around and i will pay you back for everything. Sooner if not later. Thank you as well to the Cypriot, Mr Antonis. Glad to meet your acquiantance and hopefully i'll see you in Cyprus one day. MOLON LABE(cypriot/greek insider joke). I should say thank you as well to Toh Lee Kim though i doubt she will read this but what the hell, thank you so much for the mini tutoring during the exam period. Really helped.

If i missed anybody then im kinda sorry, but if i've forgotten you that means you dont really mean that much to me anyway. so yeah. big thank you also all the random strangers with random acts of kindness. In particular the guy who helped me 4 hours before EU exam and also to Victor(i think thats your name) for helping me 12 hours before Employment.

A BIG THANK YOU TO EVERYONE MENTIONED. YOU'VE MADE MY TIME AT BRISTOL UNFORGETTABLE AND I WISH YOU THE BEST OF LUCK IN YOUR FUTURE ENDEVOURS. AND IF FATE PERMITS, WE WILL BE ABLE TO MEET UP AGAIN.

Thank you very much.

mind the typos and apologies if i got any of your names wrong and for brief and vague descriptions of kindness, but i hope you all know im thankful for it, no matter how big or small that act of kindness was.

4 comments:

urbanphoenix said...

YAY!

And to think that you were initially friends with me cos you wanted to get to *insert name here*

Heh.

But look where we are now!! xD

*hugs* Gonna miss your annoyingness when you're gone! =(

Anonymous said...

platonic love? hahaha, covering your bases i see ju...my 'general concern' was well put, as i have just deleted my minor insults i'd like to say i had a blast esp. with nights where we're supposed to study that ended up in dealing or no dealing...as for the insults, you know what i mean...saying that ju lian is too nice is like saying saddam is dead i was told, heh...one more thing, shut up ju. i'll be seeing you in kl 'bruv'(read: macha)...cheers ( read : ciao and etc)

Tupps said...

kamu ni kan...emo gile sial.

But it was truly an 'awww' inducing post, i cried...unabashed and proud like a tart!

holy shittles dude, two jets just flew above my house, it was like top gun...without the guns! man it was deafening!

come on home my son...the beers and the juvenille jokes are waiting for ye.

Hey want me to meet you at the airport?! I'm serious!

Anonymous said...

Such sentiments has left me speechless...