Sunday, August 06, 2006

farewell

i havent left home yet and already im homesick. i know what everyone says about going abroad to study/work. anywhere is better but here. there are more opportunities and everything is more equal and it'll be a good experience some shit along those lines. yeah, i agree with everything because its the plaine simple truth. but, me being me, i follow my heart and rarely my brains as most people who know me might attest. and home is where the heart is. the days are passing by like meaningless pillow talk, promising an unforgettable gala time shared with friends and family. yet its no use denying that each passing day brings me closer to my imposed exile in a foreign land. everything that is home is not taken for granted anymore. my room, the stand fan, the bed with bittersweet memories, the couch where i pass out into the sweet surrender of dreams and awake with bitter hangovers and a strained neck. my loyal companion idiot box. my other more prominent non human companion Hermes. the fellowship of loyal, wacky, considerate, insightful, memorable friends. missed but not forgotten. nay, never forgotten we band of brothers from different mothers. my family, though broken will always be my family, the home of my soul. you have the biggest place of all in the memory storage that is my heart. my father's guidance, my mother's concern, my sister's laughter and companionship, my relatives in general(aunties,uncles, grandparents on both sides and cousins) for their wise counsel and concern. to everyone, im sorry if i wasnt everything you wanted me to be but i damn well tried my hardest to be something close to it. and believe you me im going to make it even better now more than ever. all the memories of everyone that i have mentioned, you will keep me warm on many a cold night in a foreign land. we part for the moment but we will meet again soon enough. i love all of you in every sense of the word(except for the homosexual and incestuos way, obviously) i will miss everyone. i will miss my home. i will miss my heart.

im writing this farewell post because im feeling rather sensetive at the moment and i dont know when i will make another entry again.

fare thee well until we next meet again.

1 comment:

Tupps said...

Dear Julian, I dare not speak for others but I for one will be here, I'll feel the afterglow of our camaraderie together, I'll laugh out loud at our silly jokes, I'll grow from the trying times when we had to console one another, I've been a dear friend to you as you to I, so trust me, you leave me as a friend but a brother will await your return.

P.S. I love you man, you know it.