Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Annual V day rant

fuck me.. (I meant that literally and figuratively. I haven't had sex for so long it's not even funny anymore. When I tell people how long I haven't been laid I just get looks of pity.) I've been sitting here for the past hour just typing utter nonsense. The last thing I wrote here was just one long diatribe about how much I hate other people who blog and tweet endlessly about infinitely boring shit before realizing that I'm doing the exact fucking thing. I then proceeded to highlight everything and press backspace. So yeah, fuck me, I can only write good shit when I'm slightly inebriated. Which is quite an oxymoron because I don't generally like drinking. The occasional can of beer or 2 yes, but not quite the levels I was reaching in my younger days. So here I am, sober, and unable to blog.

I suppose I could do my annual Valentines Day rant about how it's all fucking bullshit capitalist tactics to get you to spend your hard earned cash on expressing your love to someone on 1 of 3 days of the year where it's supposedly a significant day to show your significant other how important they are to you, never mind the other 362 days. I guess that's what I hate the most about Valentines day. It applies false significance to just another goddamned day. What, I can only have 3 days to show my love for someone? Birthday, Anniversary and Valentines Day? Fuck, if that person was worth it, I would buy her 365 roses for every single day she's with me. In fact, why the fuck do I even have to buy anything? Because that's love nowadays. Material wants and gains. It used to be that all you had to do was hold someone's hand and tell them you love them while looking deeply into their eyes. Roses, rings, steak dinners, holidays, what the fuck would it all matter if you were fucking someone else behind my back? People love to affix some great cosmic significance to the most minute and useless things in life when all it is is just some primal gesture to show your mate that yeah, I'm the big man, I can provide for you. See this rose? Didn't even make a dent in your wallet. I'm a worthy mate that can provide shelter, food and care for our offspring. So yeah, that's what Valentines day is, just an exercise in false pretenses and nonsensical affiliation and affirmation of "love". Here's the score; if you need to keep fucking asking for some affirmation of love from someone, then it's not really working out is it? Get a fucking clue and just be glad you found somebody already for fuck's sake.

Fuck Valentines day.

1 comment:

Su said...

:( i'm emo again now