Friday, March 26, 2010

Americana #3

so yeah, don't mind the nerd shrine over on the right. It's something I started a while back as a way to catalog my books and they've only just started offering this put it on your blog feature so we Shelfari users can lord it over you over how many book's we've read. Ok fine, that's not in the memo and certainly not my intention. I just wanted to try it out to see how it looks and cousin, it looks good. Yes, you can help yourself to my books, just make sure you return it. That's what I like about Shelfari, it lets you catalog what you already have, what you're reading and what you plan to read, in addition to comments from you and the community, reviews and discussions, lets you know who you've loaned your book to and when it's due, if at all, what edition, and a nifty virtual shelf. It looks bigger on my Shelfari page. So yeah... shameless plug for Shelfari. You know I like something when I saw it 4 times AND link it. pussypussypussypussy (SFW)

So what happened this week? Nothing much actually. I mean, look at the previous posts. The only highlight was mom's birthday which was celebrated here .Good teppanyaki. I watched Jon Jones beat up Brandon Vera. And..that was the only thing of note this week.

On another note, regarding Americana, I've come to detest Life Unexpected. It's a misleading title. I expect to be engaged in another overly emotional and despair ridden crisis filled episode each and every week. I mean, yes, I know its a drama( it claims some elements of comedy as well, but really, that would be pushing the limits on the term "comedy") and yes, no drama, no fun and hence the redundancy, but shit, there's drama, and there's Life Unexpected drama. If I lived one second of the lives the characters, I did already kill myself. Especially the two main female cast. I'm not being misogynistic here, but damn, the amount of shit they go through... I think the show runners are the ones being misogynistic. And, unlike Lost where, like the characters, if you just persevere, things will eventually become clear, Life Unexpected just wants you to hang yourself. It is that emotionally charged. And Shiri Appleby, my alien lover from Roswell, what the hell happened? I mean, I knew you aged but... wow... If it was the intention of the makeup crew then yes, good job. But if not... I used to watch Roswell for you and for you only! Ok fine, I maybe over exaggerating on the uber emo drama,(not the Roswell part, I watched that motherfucker just for Shiri Appleby/Liz Parker) but it really is rather emotional. It's like my take on 500 days of summer, too real to be good. Im already emoness personified, so why would I want to watch a show thats playing on my character flaw? I don't know, I'm not TV guide columnist. Im just some guy with a blog. Watch it if you want to. The production value wasn't as bad as 500 days of summer, and not as neurotic. But the story.. whew...it's mandatory for someone to cry on the show every episode. Or stalk away in anger. Or shout. Or brood. Or look crestfallen. Yeah ok enough. watch it if you want.

Oh.. and I actually watched my tv shows on premier night. As in I didn't have to wait for 2-3 days before it becomes available online for download. Fucking awesometh(Joyce's word, I'm just the endorsing it).

How am I doing emotionally? Kinda like someone on a drug habit who's trying to quit. Trying real hard. But just can't help himself sometimes. Re Jason Mewes. He give me hope though. One day, one day "I don't gotta live like that no more". If you're interested in knowing more about Mr Mewes, click on the links and find out more. If you don't know how to get the rest of the story (or are too lazy to utilize the vast resources that is the internet or the on hand search engine) well, you're missing out on a great inspirational piece. Fine, you can leave me a comment.

I love America but I miss Malaysia. Isn't that fucked up now?

No comments: