Thursday, March 25, 2010

Mom

I've come to notice a lot of my mom in me. We're both paranoid people, I just have mine more under control(I think. Am I? Really?Oh... guess not). We're both sometimes (me more so) emotional to the point of absurdity. We both have really bizarre notions of how things are and should be in life. We're both really passionate people about thing's we believe in, but are just apathetic to the point of cruelty about things we couldn't care less about. We've both loved and lost and been treated cruelly by the unfaithful. We try to be optimistic about things, but we know it's ultimately useless so we're both somewhat indifferent to things lest we get hurt by them, that's why we both love money, because money's indifferent. Well, my mom has a more outward display of it than me anyway. We're both scatterbrains at times, though I think I deal with this better through my order through chaos theory. Last but not least, my mom and I are both well traveled on the road to hell that's paved with good intentions. We do things that hurt people, annoy them, make them angry..... but it was never ever our intention to do so.

Happy 57th Birthday Mom. I love you.



Yes yes I know. We're colour coordinated.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

your mom dont look 57 at all... more like early 40s :)

Unknown said...

good genes, healthy living and the miracles of 21st century medicine.

Su said...

i'm a lot like mum too you know. just better at pretending. give her a big hug for me.